Monday, 20 March 2017

What The Butler Saw


Hello Loves!
So if you follow me on Twitter then you'll definitely have seen I've been tweeting pretty much constantly about What The Butler Saw for the past week. If you have no clue what that is then quickly get yourself on google now and find out! I've been planning on getting out to see more theatre shows to inspire me recently. I thought I'd let you know all my thoughts and feelings of the day and what went on. It honestly was one of the best days!

I travelled around an hour to the Curve theatre in Leicester and I was meeting friends when I got to the event. I was so excited on the way! What The Butler Saw is a play that was written by Joe Orton. This year it's been 50 years since he sadly passed away so the play was put on to celebrate the work of Leicesters own playwright directed by Nikolai Foster. 

I hadn't actually heard of the show before now and I was quite glad of that. There were mixed opinions about whether you should research the show beforehand or just go in blind. I would totally recommend going in absolutely blind. I think it made it more exciting I was literally on the edge of my seat throughout the whole show... I never wanted it to end! I had no idea what to expect and I loved it.

I don't particularly want to give everything or anything away but it was absolutely hilarious! Although I imagine some would find controversial at times you have to go in with a light heart. Incredible and powerful performances from all involved. Catherine Russell and Rufus Hound are the combination of the perfect pairing for the Prentices. Astonishing performance from Jasper Britton who had me crying of laughter multiple times throughout the show! I honestly think no matter who you are you will enjoy this show. I would 100% recommend it... I've already been twice and I''m going for the third time.


I was lucky enough to meet so amazing people who I hope I will stay in contact with for a long time. Thank you to them for making me feel so much more at ease throughout the day. I was also lucky enough to meet Catherine Russell and Rufus Hound after the show.

Catherine has been an idol to me for a long time and she's one person who keeps on inspiring me and pushing me on to become and actress. I felt extremely lucky to be able watch her in action because her acting quite frankly always takes my breath away. We all also managed to run into Rufus in the cafe after the show and he was lovely enough to stop to have a picture with us.

I would 10/10 recommend going to see the show whether you are an avid theatre goer or not. I promise you you won't regret it! Absolutely class acting from everyone involved. The whole show is so well thought out from the set, to the props to the lighting. 

If you want to go and see the show although finished in Leicester it will be showing at the Theatre Royal in Bath from 27th March - 1st April. There are both matinee and evening show tickets available still. You can purchase them HERE

I'll be going again to the matinee performance on 1st April.

If you've seen the show let me know what you thought in the comments. Also let me know what theatre shows I should go and check out if you've seen a particularly good one.

Thank you for reading,
Alice-Tilly
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig