Saturday, 11 February 2017

Handbag Essentials


Hello my darlings, I thought it had to be about time I did a handbag essentials post! I love to organise my bag all the time... I'm not sure why. I think I like the thought that I have everything I could ever need with me haha. I pretty much own Mary Poppins bag I have that much stuff. I promise I've narrowed it down to my absolute essentials that I definitely wouldn't leave without!

Deodorant
For the obvious reasons I won't leave without a can of deodorant... I don't want to smell ever! If I ever go on a long walk or I'm on the tube and it's really hot I'm going to need to use some. I always use Dove's Aerosol Deodorant personally and you can get a travel size one from Superdrug which is the perfect size for storing in our handbag.

Body Mist/Perfume
I always carry body mist or perfume with me again because I obviously want to smell nice. I always use it in the morning but the smell obviously tends to ware off in the day so I like it on hand to spritz some more. My current pick for my handbag is Zoella's Sweet Inspirations Body Mist. It's my favourite smell I'm sure you will have seen me mention it before. The bottles aren't too big and I can usually find space to store it in my handbag.

Hand Sanitiser
Hand sanitiser is a necessity for my handbag for hygiene reasons and I will not leave without it. If I have to use a public toilet or if I'm travelling a lot on the tube it'll be the thing I reach out of my handbag most. I currently have a bottle of Zoella Hand Of Heart Hand Gel. Perfect size for my handbag and also the nicest smelling hand sanitiser you'll ever own... Trust me!

Tissues
Tissues are always handy and honestly you never know if you're going to need one so best be prepared. If not for you someone else will always need one and I feel better being able to offer them out. I always buy the 6 packs of tissues from the supermarket as obviously it's not practical to carry around a whole box!

Powder
Thankfully I've never forgotten my powder before because honestly who wants a shiny face! I haven't got oily skin so I don't get too shiny. However I prefer powdering halfway through the day just to make sure especially on my T-zone etc. I always take the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent. It's honestly the best powder I've ever used and it's totally affordable!

Mascara
I can't be the only one that's guilty of leaving it really late to get ready am I? I'm sure I'm not but it means sometimes I don't get a chance to do my make-up before I leave. I'm not really bothered about face make-up on these days but I have to wear mascara to feel alive haha. Meaning I always carry one as I have now mastered the art of doing my mascara on the train, tube... Anywhere! My current favourites are Rimmel Extra Super Lash Mascara & Volumeyes Plus Active Mascara.

Mirror
Again I always need a mirror because I pretty much always do my make-up on the train now. I currently have a gorgeous one from Ted Baker which I'm not sure is available anymore. Alternatively there are beautiful copper compact mirrors from Primark available still for only £1... I literally own about 5 of them!

Hand Cream
This is one of those hand bag essentials that I only carry in the colder months. I don't really ever need to reach for hand cream in the summer but in the winter my hands need it to survive. I'm currently using Soap & Glory Hand Food Hand Cream. I absolutely love this hand cream! It's one of those products it smells so good you just want to eat it. 

Lipstick 
I love my lipsticks but sometimes I honestly don't bother putting one on only to regret it halfway through the day. I always keep my most used and loved lipsticks in my handbag for one of those days. My favourites are Tanya Burr Lipstick in Pink Cocoa  & Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in Tulle.

Sunglasses
I carry my sunglasses around all year round because somehow I've gotten into the habit of wearing them when it's not even sunny... I mean I'm not sure it's very socially acceptable but it's fashion right?! I only own one pair of sunglasses because they're prescription ones and I can't see with normal ones so these go everywhere with me haha.

Moleskine & Pen
If you don't know what a Moleskine is it's basically a journal or mini sketchbook. I always carry around an A5 Moleksine with me. If you didn't know I studied art and I still like to draw and explore the concept of art even now. I always make sure I have a pen so I can start doodling. I find being out and about can be the most inspiring for me when it comes to art ideas.

Hairbands & Hairbrush
I've got super long hair so on a windy or rainy day I always desperately need a hair brush. I'll stand in more than likely a public toilet trying to desperately pull my hairbrush through my tangled and knotted hair and when I finally do it looks absolutely awful. I know it's a glamorous image isn't it?! So I always keep a hairband in their to tie it up if it comes to desperate measures!

Headphones
I can't function properly without headphones. I mean to be honest I travel a lot of places alone meaning I haven't got anyone to talk too. So I need my headphones for music or audio books to keep me sane because I can't handle silence it's way too awkward for me. 

Phone Charger
I carry a phone charger the obvious reason that I always constantly use my phone when I'm out. So much that I have to find a café or somewhere with a plug available to charge it. I can't tell you the amount of times I've had to ask at a train station if they have a plug I can charge my phone in... It's always embarrassing every time I have to ask.

Purse
Ok so I don't actually ever see many people mention their purse in their handbag essentials... But I mean it has my money in and I can't really do anything without that haha.

I really hope you enjoyed this post! I'd love to know in the comments what you think classes as an essential and what your handbag essentials are! I honestly think I carry way too much in handbag but I'm always overly organised to go anywhere... It can't just be me, is it?!

Thank you for reading,
Alice-Tilly

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig