Friday, 16 December 2016

BBC Good Food Show Winter 2016 #16


I recently visited the BBC Good Food Show on the 26th and 27th November. I'd never been before and I was lucky enough to be granted a press pass for my first year. I wasn't sure what to expect from the event but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I absolutely love baking and cooking and there was definitely plenty there to keep me entertained. There were a big variety of food stalls as well. I always think sometimes at big exhibitions like these they can be a bit all same same this one definitely wasn't though. Everyone was very polite and it was very nice to see people talk with so much passion about the products they sell or the food they make. 


The first things I did when I got there on the Saturday was head to by one of Mary Berry's recipe books. If you don't know I'm obsessed with the Great British Bake Off and I absolutely love Mary Berry. She was one person I definitely wanted to meet in my life. Luckily for me I managed to get in the queue to her book signing. I was super excited and the hour long wait was totally worth it. She was just as lovely as I had imagined and I was super happy afterwards. They also allowed photos to be taken which I thought was great as well. I like to have the photo memories to look back on.


It was difficult but I had to pick out some of my favourite stalls and brands from the Good Food Show. I'm absolutely in love with these 'Get Fruity' oat bars. I've been reaching for one most mornings for breakfast. I was kindly given a load of boxes to try and I've eaten most of them and purchased more since then. My favourites are the 'Marvellous Mango' and the 'Scrumptious Strawberry' bars. What's great about these is they're made from only natural fruits, oats and coconut oil... Plus they're gluten free! I will have a full review going up on my blog soon so watch this space. You can visit there website HERE. 


I'm not actually all that into cake or chocolate much to most people's surprise. I actually could not resist these though. How good do they look?! These were made by a company called 'Flower & White' they had an impressive range of cakes and meringues. I made sure I write everything down ready to google them when I got home! Turns out they have a shop as well were you can buy all of their sweet treats. So if you are a lover of all cakes, meringues and muffins make sure to check out their shop HERE.


I thought these were really intriguing when I heard it was lemonade but not fizzy... I really hate fizzy drinks. I stopped drinking them years ago and now I can't stand them. I thought why not give this a go! I tried 'The Original' and 'The Orange' still lemonade. You don't understand how nice it is until you try it! Personally I think the lemon taste is obviously stronger in these than actual fizzy lemonade but I prefer that completely! If you don't like fizzy drinks definitely give these a try. Unfortunately they don't have an online store. However you can check the list of stockists HERE. There may be one near you!


Although I always try to steer myself away from chocolate, sweets, cake etc. Fudge is the one exception it's the only sweet thing I really really like. I always have ever since I was a child. So when I found this stall and was presented with flavours of fudge I'd never tried I knew I had to share this company with all of you. 'The Ochil Fudge Pantry' create these amazing home-made pieces of fudge for only £2 each! I'm definitely going to be ordering some soon. i'm most excited to try the White Chocolate and the Chocolate Orange fudge. If you'd like to purchase any of their products or get more info you can visit their website HERE.

Overall I had an amazing time and I'd definitely go again! I'll be making sure I go to the summer food show next year. I'm sure it'll be here before we know it. Next time I'd like to go to the theatre shows as I didn't get chance to go this year. If you have a love for food and have never been I 10/10 recommend you go! If you want more information on the BBC Good Food Show or the upcoming shows check out the website HERE.

Let me know if you went to the Good Food Show and what your favourite parts of the show were in the comments. I hope you enjoyed reading this post!

Thank you for reading, 
Alice-Tilly
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I can't believe you actually got to meet Mary Berry! What a legend. I love the Great British Bake Off I'm gutted they've made so many changes. It won't be the same anymore. Looks like a fab event! That Raspberry Pavlova Fudge sounds delicious.

    Roxie | thebeautifulbluebird.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. basically you are overloading your body with Protein in an try to construct mass muscle hastily. The most effective problem with this approach is that your body units a limit at the day by day intake of Protein it may cope with. http://testoupmaxfacts.com/max-test-xtreme/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig