Monday, 17 October 2016

I'm Writing A Book!?!?!


You've no idea how long I've been waiting to do this post... Yes I'm writing a book!

I feel like crying I'm so excited and emotional that I can finally share some details about something that means so much to me. I've held this post in for so long that I don't even know where to start now!

Probably best to start with what it's about really... isn't it? Now if you're a die hard romance novel lover I promise you you're going to love this! If romance isn't your thing (although there's a lot of it) it touches so many other current issues in the lives with have today such as mental health etc. 

It's a story all about Alex & Cameron both full of teen spirit and naivety. Straight out of college trying so hard to survive a long distance relationship. Cameron an insecure, "wants to please everyone" first year med student at university. Then there's Alex who isn't really sure who she is apart from her anxiety. She can't really think of herself as the "epitome of the sunshine" As Cam likes to say can she? We follow the challenges they face as individuals and as a couple because we all know too well life's not always full of happiness and sunshine. It's full of ups, downs, lefts, rights, turns and corners. 

This is the story of Alex and Cameron. 

We look into the letters, packages and texts they send back and forth to each other counting down the days until they can be back together again. We explore their relationships and lives in the most personal way we can. 

So there's a little... well not really little I got a bit carried away synopsis. My book is based on parts of a true story which is why this means so much to me. Alex and Cameron as characters mean a lot to me and I only hope I can tell their story with the justice and beauty it deserves. So what the hell I'll be kind and give you the tiniest preview ever of how it all begins.

Preview:

24th September 2015,

Dear Cameron, 
I'd be lying if I said I haven't been regretting this day for months on end. That I haven't had countless sleepless nights... Staring at that damn plain white ceiling. Hoping for answers to creep through the cracks. 

Hoping that something... Anything would give me the answer.

...Of how I'm going to live without seeing your beautiful face everyday.

And that's all you're getting haha. I told you it would be a tiny preview. I'm just trying to keep you all on the edge of your seats waiting. 

Don't get me wrong there's still a lot of work to go and I've been working on this nearing a year and half. I know it sounds like a really long time but it has to perfect! A lot of research etc. had to go into this beforehand. Now I'm writing whenever I get a chance too. Which means I've had a lot of sleepless nights recently. However I find at night is when I'm most productive which is highly annoying haha. Hopefully I've been rocking the sleep deprived look haha.

Plus the book cover design and all the pages are taking a lot of work to. I said recently on twitter I didn't think making decisions like fonts and colours would be so difficult but really it is! The photo above is a kind-of-really-rough-preview of what the pages in the book will actually look. They will all be photographs of the actual hand-written letters, packages, texts etc. I hope you all love the idea as much as I do.

As for a release date... I currently have no idea. I'm guessing around spring 2017 depending on publishing etc. I promise that I will give you regular updates on how I'm doing though. That will include a title! I'm currently toying between a few ideas but I don't want to rush my decision. This is so HUGE for me and I'm so proud of myself for getting this far. This has always been a dream of mine. 

I really hope your as excited for this as I am! Let me know your thoughts and feeling in the comments as I'd love to know what you think.

Thank you for reading,
Alice-Tilly

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This sounds ace! Is it a guy and a girl or two girls?

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig