Monday, 19 September 2016

Top 5 TV Shows I'm Loving


I watch a lot of TV and by a lot I mean probably too much! I just get a lot of enjoyment getting really invested in a shows story or one of their characters. If I don't watch it over and over again then I haven't enjoyed a TV show that much. These are 5 in particular that I've been loving and/or re-watching to death recently. 

1. Casualty

Okay so 1. & 2. of my top 5 are closely related considering they are sister shows. There are completely different reasons why I love them both though. To clear the air though if you didn't know I'm in love with medical dramas. Actually any TV show involving anything medical really. I know it sounds weird but I guess it just really interests me personally. Now I know medical shows aren't everyone's cup of tea and if you're squeamish etc. they I definitely wouldn't give these a watch. 

I'm pretty sure my love for Casualty stemmed from a very young age. I'm being very serious my mum used to sit me down to watch it as a young child. I seriously used to hate it! Look how things change though I've watched all 30 series and I'm up to date with series 31. That's a lot of hours of my life I've spent watching Casualty. They were totally worth it though! If you're looking for a continuing drama to watch definitely give this one a go. Although I get incredibly frustrated with the story lines at times I wouldn't have it any other way. They cover some really important topics.

If you're thinking about checking it out some of my favourite series are Series 22, 25, 26 and 30. Current character that are my particular favourites are Ethan Hardy played by George Rainsford. His character is seriously so cute not really much else to say I just actually love him! If you haven't heard of Charlie Fairhead played by Derek Thompson then go google him now or watch some scenes on YouTube he's been in it since day one and is literally the heart of the show. Plus Connie Beauchamp played by the AMAZING Amanda Mealing. She is one of the best actresses and one of my biggest inspirations! Definitely go check out some of her work. 

Some of my favourite story lines have been the recent Huntington's Disease story line. It really helped to raise awareness of Huntington's Disease. The acting was beyond amazing! It also really inspired everyone to raise money to help people affected by the disease which was brilliant! Another story line I particularly loved was Ruth Winters (played by the lovely Georgia Taylor) battle with mental illness. I find some shows tend to sugar coat mental illnesses and brush past them. This story line however was played out amazingly!

2. Holby City

Also another medical drama... I know! Hear me out on this one too though. I actually only recently started watching Holby City. I never really bothered with it before but I watched an episode about a year ago and now I watch it every week without fail. 

I have gone back and watched a lot of the old series also. I told you I do watch too much TV. It's basically a lot like Casualty however it's a different part to the hospital so it works in a completely different way. Both are really interesting.

Favourite Series are the previous series 17 and the current series 18 which is on TV now. A favourite past character that has recently gone out of the show was Arthur Digby played by Rob Ostlere. A heartbreaking and very well played out cancer story line something very close to my heart. It had me sobbing into my pillow for days! 

Current story line I'm absolutely loving is about the relationship between Serena Campbell (plated by Catherine Russell) & Bernie Wolfe (Played by Jemma Redgrave). It makes me so happy that one of my favourite shows has LGBTQ+ representation. It's so refreshing for a show to have a story line about it being ok to explore your sexuality and to be confused about your sexuality at any age. It's great that they're showing that it's ok to not know what you want and that you don't have to label yourself anything. It's being played out so amazing by both actresses and I'm totally invested in the story line!

3. Stranger Things

If you haven't heard of Stranger Things then go and get yourself on Netflix now because it seriously is great. I'd seen a lot of speculation of the show everyone was saying that it was amazing. I really wasn't sure if I was going to bother watching it to be honest. One day when I had nothing to do I decided to give it a go and how glad I was. I'm not going to lie the first few episodes I wasn't 100% sure but the further I got into I was so invested in it.

It's an original Netflix series; it's sort of a supernatural/horror show. I'm in love with horror shows! Another weird thing about me I suppose I like scary films/programmes. I found that this was wasn't scary at all I could happily watch it before bed. I have seen some people saying they couldn't sleep after they watched it though! So if your easily scared I advise maybe not to watch it in the dark, before bed or when your home alone haha.

4. Pretty Little Liars

I LOVE PRETTY LITTLE LIARS. I've said and I've declared my love for it a million times. I was a little late on the bandwagon I'm not going to lie. I think I started watching when season 5 was on. I literally had to watch it 24 hours a day for like over a week to catch up but I finally got up to date. I know your thinking "Oh it's so overrated" or "I've tried watching it and I don't like it". Trust me it took me a few episodes before I really got into it but now it's my go-to show!

I think if you love programmes where you like to look for clues and work things out then it's definitely for you. I'm one of those people who likes to guess the plot line so this was definitely a show for me. The only thing is you have to pay attention. It's not one of those shows you can have on in the background while you do something else. You really have to pay attention or honestly you are going to get really confused.

The story lines have been questionable at times but for the most part I've thoroughly enjoyed it. My favourite Pretty Little Liar is Spencer I think it's probably because I have most in common with her character.  I've heard a lot of people say the books are better but personally I've never read them. The only think I can can go by is the show which I love! Definitely recommend it you go check it out if you haven't yet!  

5. Gavin & Stacey

A total classic and feel good TV show. No matter how much I watch it Gavin & Stacey will never get old for me. I'm not actually joking I've watched it so many times I can talk with the actors/actresses while the episodes are on. Plus I quote it all the time! If you've never heard of it or never watched it I seriously don't know where you've been. If this is the case get off this blog post now and on to Netflix to watch it haha. 

The show seriously puts a huge smile on my face. I don't really want to say much because I don't obviously want to give the story away but it is based on a true story. It's absolutely hilarious and I could watch it all day everyday. Especially the Christmas special which is my all time favourite episode. It also stars James Corden and anything with James Corden in I'm there because he makes me laugh so much!

Please go watch it and then we can have a good old conversation about how good it is! Or if you've already  watched it let me know what you think of it in the comments!

So this post went on way longer than I expected and I practically turned it into an essay! I guess I'm just very passionate about my TV programmes haha. Let me know any shows that you're loving at the moment because honestly I do need new shows to watch.

I hope you enjoyed this post,
Thank you for reading,
Alice-Tilly

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I also love Pretty Little Liars! Aria and Emily are my favourite characters :)

    Serena / www.ramblingsofanotherunistudent.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holby city is one of my favourite shows as well! My favourite pairing has to be zosia and Oliver though - I just think they're such an amazing couple and I wish they get back together! My favourite show at the moment is Gilmore girls, it's actually amazing! xx

    Eleanorclaudie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore pretty little liars and I really liked stranger things too! I loved the cliff hanger from the last episode of pretty little liars I can't wait to see what they do next season, can't believe it's going to be the last season too X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casualty and Holby are my weekly guilty pleasures! Love them a bit too much, even though they're completely unrealistic haha! I'm heartbroken that we're almost at the end of PLL as well. HOW WILL I SPEND MY EVENINGS?!

    Kate
    www.adventuresofkate.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig