Wednesday, 21 September 2016

Tips For Getting More Organised


Ok so I have to admit before I start this... I was maybe I still am the most unorganised person ever! Organising myself really has never been my strong point I always without fail leave everything I need to do to the last minute. Whether it be packing to go on holiday or work I need to get done. However I'm great at organising everyone else! Please tell me I'm not the only one who's like this? haha. I think I may just be the tad bit bossy but hopefully it doesn't bother anyone! 

The month however I've been devoting myself to being more organised. I currently work part-time and blog part-time. I'm also trying to study on top of that as well; between all of that it just felt like I really didn't have enough hours in the day. I realised maybe if I planned a bit better then I may just manage to balance things. So I thought I'd share some tips with you about how to get more organised!

1. Get yourself a planner! It sounds so silly that getting a planner has been one of the best thing I've ever done. I recently purchased a ban.do 17 month planner and I love it so so much. I've used it to plan everything I'm doing each day. I've listed all the events I have coming up with their location and time; so I have no last minute panic right before I leave. Planning my blog content has already become a lot easier as well. 

2. Do not put a TV show in the background when you know you need to get work done. I do this all the time and I end up forgetting what I'm meant to be doing. I start paying more attention to the TV than I do to any work I've got work. So when I sit at my desk now I never turn my TV because I know how much it distracts me. I now opt to listen to music when I work which I finds helps me stay motivated and productive.

3. Make daily to-do lists. This has been a huge help for me personally. It's so much easier to plan my time in the day when I know exactly what I need to get done. I've been using a white board on my bedroom wall. I write my to-do list at night for the next day. Then every time I've done something on my list I can just wipe it off.

4. Make sure your work space is clean and tidy! Did I mention I'm always messy? I can never keep anything tidy as hard as I try. Everything seems to just end up anywhere and everywhere! I make sure I tidy my desk after I've used it in the day; so when I get up the next morning it's tidy. I've made sure to organise everything on there so everything has a place... I can't guarantee how long it will stay there though. This has helped me though! I get less stressed when I've got space on my desk and I know where everything is.

So here's a few things that might help you get a bit more organised if you're like me! They're pretty simple things that I've quite easily adapted to. Let me know in the comments if you've written a blog post in getting more organised or feel free to leave some more tips! Honestly I need all the help I can get haha.

I hope you enjoyed this post,
Thank you for reading,
Alice-Tilly


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love to do lists! I'm always 100% more productive when I have a list of things to do - it always gives me a great sense of achievement when I've completed it! 💪🏼 I totally agree that a tidy work space = a tidy and organised mind too! Thanks for sharing your tips 💗

    Abbey 🌷 Www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making lists with my bullet journal and in my daily planner I feel it makes remembering things and organising your day so much easier X

    ReplyDelete
  3. These tips are fab! Lists always help me stay organised xx
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Putting a TV show on in the background is just bad news for me! I might as well not do anything else. So so true!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig