So I'm really into doing a bit of baking at the moment. I think the Great British Bake Off has got me in the spirit to try some new recipes. I absolutely love chocolate and there is no denying it. However I rarely ever eat it and I am being truthful! So for a treat I decided to indulge myself with the Maltese Brownies. So I thought I'd include the recipe so all of you could have a go too!

Ingredients:

150g/5oz Butter
140g/4oz Milk Chocolate 
200g/7oz Caster Sugar
60g/2oz Plain Flour
2tbsp Cocoa Powder
2 Eggs
150g/5oz Maltesers

1. Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas mark 5.

2. Melt the butter and milk chocolate together in a saucepan until smooth on a low heat while stirring. 

3. Remove saucepan off heat when done and then leave to cool.

4. In a new bowl stir together both eggs and the caster sugar together.

5. Then add both the flour and cocoa powder to the bowl.

6. After all ingredients are mixed in the bowl add the cooled contents of the saucepan and stir together. 

7. Chop the Maltesers in half and add to the brownie mixture. 

8. Grease and line a cake tin then for the mixture inside.

9. Bake for 20/25 minutes. 

(TIP: brownies will be firm on the top if cooked or if unable to tell use a skewer to put into cake tin. If it comes out clear then your brownies are cooked.)

10. When removed from oven cool completely before cutting into squares.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have! It was a great treat for myself. They are honestly so yummy. If you give these a go please let me know and send me or tag me in a picture on twitter or instagram. 

Hope you enjoyed this post,
Thank you for reading,
Alice-Tilly