Wednesday, 24 August 2016

I Don't Know What I'm Doing


So I thought I'd outright go and say that I don't know what I'm doing. I feel like I have literally no clue or direction of what I want to do at the moment. I feel a great amount of jealousy and confusion of people that just know what they want to do with their life. If someone had the answer of what I'm going to do with my life could they please let me know. 

I feel like I'm the only one that has no idea what they want to do. I'm living a massive lie where I keep pretending that my career prospects are great. When frankly I have no idea. I want to to university and then I don't... then I want to go again. I think I might be the most indecisive person on this planet.

I know that I can go to university whenever I want to but I don't think I'm ever going to decide exactly what I want to study either. I've gone through applications for about five courses already.

I think I just really wanted to post this hoping that someone will tell me that they feel the same as me. That I'm not the only one that doesn't know what they're doing. 

So all I can do right now is try and do everything new. Find out what I'm good at and what I'm not. Find out what my strengths and weaknesses are. Honestly I have no idea what I'm good at or not. I'm hoping by trying new things that I'll find something that I am truly passionate about.

I'm sorry if this post doesn't make too much sense or if you find it a little rambly. To be honest though I feel like I should be completely honest with my readers because chances are one of you are going through the same.

If you have any advice I'd really appreciate it though!

Thank you for reading,
Alice-Tilly
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hello! As a 26 year old who had/has the same fears and worries, I would like to say this to you: It's OK!!! It's ok to not know where you'd like to go, what you'd like to do, etc. I know it feels absolutely horrible, and like everyone else has their shit together, but they don't. You'll discover that the things you thought you wanted are suddenly no longer satisfying or something will come out of nowhere that you never even considered doing.
    I went to university for photography (which I still love) but realized I didn't want to do it commercially, graduated thinking I was going to go on to become an archivist, got a job as an assistant archivist and realized I hated it, felt lost and sad, got a job in real estate for awhile, realized I didn't want to continue with that, moved, got a job by happenstance at a corporate office, and who knows what next?
    I know it feels like the decisions you make now are going to impact the rest of your life, but they're not going to as much as you think. Now's the time to try things and fail at things and find new things you like. You're going to be ok, you're exactly where you need to be.

    -Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have those days! I'm 26, in a career I tailored my entire degree to and am about to try and join the Royal Navy and completely change direction! It's ok to not know where you're going and one day it will click (I hope!)

    Kate
    www.adventuresofkate.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig