(L-R Keep On Flying For You, You Took My Love, Velvet Rebel)

So if you've seen on twitter lately you'll know I've just been loving wearing lipstick at the moment. I just feel like I want to own every colour possible! I've been asking around which ones I should try and I've received lots of suggestions. When I was shopping the other day in Superdrug I saw the 'Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lacquers'. I'd seen so many mixed reviews on these and honestly I wasn't sure. For £3 each though I thought I'd give them a go and get back to you what I thought about them. I picked three shades up a coral orange, a bright pink and a purple shade. I've tried each one and photographed what they look like below!

 

This first shade is a coral orange colour called 'Keep On Flying For You'. Looking at the product at first glance I loved the colour so much. I do warn you though it's a lot brighter when applied on your lips. In general I liked the way this looked and I think it's a really pretty summer colour. I think I'd struggle to pair this with an outfit but that's purely because of my wardrobe. I found application was easy with this colour. However I do recommend putting on two layers which is what I had to do. I found that it was a little patchy with only one coat. Overall I do like this one and if you're looking for a bright coral colour for summer then go for this one!

 

This is a purple shade called 'Velvet Rebel'. I generally tend to reach for the more purple shades so I definitely loved the look if this one. You may be able to see this in the photo but I really struggled to apply this one. It took me a couple of attempts but once I got it on I really liked it. The colour is pretty much the same as you see in the bottle. I only had to uses one coat of this colour on my lips also. I probably would be reaching for this colour more in autumn/winter though!

 

The last one I picked was this bright pink called 'You Took My Love'. I kind of fell in love with the name of this one! I don't own any bright pink lipsticks so I thought I'd give it a go. I was really not sure on the colour I thought it may be a little too bright. Once I'd tried it though I actually fell in love with the colour! This was my favourite one out of the three I chose. It's a gorgeous bright pink that I'll definitely use on a night out soon. I think I'd probably struggle to use this colour on a daily basis though. I only had to use one coat of this and it was super easy to apply. If you looking for something really out there go for this shade.

Overall for £3 I was super surprised at the quality of these! I would purchase these again. They do take a while to dry but I have found they last for several hours. If you are wearing them all day I would say take it with you because you may need to touch it up maybe once. A lot of reviews I read had said these were super difficult to remove from your lips and they left your lips stained. I didn't find this at all. They came if straight away with makeup wipes and left no colouration on my lips. So if you're on a budget and looking for a liquid lipstick to buy definitely try these! There's a link below to the online store where you can find and purchase them.

LINK:
Makeup Revolution Store

I hope you all enjoyed reading this post! Let me know if there are any lipsticks you're loving this month or leave ones you'd like me to try and review!

Thank you for reading,
Alice-Tilly